Leicester Fertility Centre is proud to offer an egg sharing programme for those patients undergoing private fertility treatment.
What criteria do you have to meet to become an egg sharer?
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- You must have medical information about your family (for this reason people that have been adopted may not be eligible)
- You must be fit and healthy with no family history of mental disorders, or inherited conditions
- You must have a body mass index of between 19-30 i.e. not be extremely underweight or overweight (this can decrease the chance of successfully retrieving eggs)
- Ideally you should have proven fertility and be a non-smoker but these are not essential requirements.
- You must not be at a higher risk of having acquired the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), such as an intravenous drug user
- You need 8 or more eggs on the day collection to share
How do I become a sharer?
Please read through the information booklet on this page. If you'd like discuss sharing in more depth please speak to your doctor or nurse at your next appointment.